Zeen News & Magazine WordPress Theme for 2020
Zeen is a next generation news & magazine WordPress theme. You’ve literally never seen or used a magazine that looks or works like this before. Zeen can quickly be mastered by users of any skill level. Power your creative ideas and create a beautiful, silky-smooth and highly unique magazine, blog, newspaper, reviews site or even full blown WooCommerce shop.
Everything in Zeen was completely built from the ground up. This approach allowed the theme to embrace the very latest cutting-edge technologies around, undergo deep design explorations and re-think the established way of doing things. This has resulted in Zeen having incredible performance and is very likely the fastest theme of its kind ever made. Some Zeen demos score a perfect 100/100 score on GTMetrix (links to reports are further down) and the rest are all mid to high 90s. The theme is impressively flexible, intuitive and customisable. Best of all, you can create almost any magazine layout you can imagine without touching a single line of code. Users can become pro users in no time and it is so moldable that even savvy visitors will not be able to tell what theme is being used by simply looking at the site any more.
Zeen was designed by an experienced designer, coded by an experienced coder, optimised by an experienced SEO specialist and all to create an unbeatable product that can help you take your site to a whole new level. Codetipi also provides friendly and helpful customer support. No wonder Codetipi is the #1 rated Power Elite author on Themeforest.
Zeen for Magazines, Blogs, Newspapers or Review sites
Zeen’s groundbreaking design, flexibility and small learning curve make it perfect for sites of any size, from the biggest to the smallest. Zeen is the ideal WordPress theme for any magazine, blog, newspaper, personal diary, photo-stories, affiliate sites and even full-blown WooCommerce shops.
The Zeen demos can all be imported with one click and provides inspiration on how the theme could potentially be used on a site of any niche, including technology, food, videogames, minimal, personal, lifestyle and fashion. Features from the demos can all be mixed and matched too.
Tipi Builder (World Exclusive)
The next generation Tipi Builder app (included free) allows you to turn all your creative ideas into real beautiful layouts that can then be used on your homepage, category pages, tag pages and even custom taxonomies pages.
The Tipi Builder is truly an industry game-changer that will improve your workflow and increase the enjoyment you get from maintaining your site. A lot of site owners generally avoid making changes to their sites (particularly the homepage) out of fear of breaking something or simply because their current method is done through an overly complex builder with clunky user experience. Tipi Builder changes all of this. Starting with a beautiful modern interface that is easy, powerful and pleasure to use. It is 100% frontend and allows users of any level to become pros after one full session. The Tipi Builder opens up new possibilities to calmly experiment with layouts/options as you only need to publish when you are 100% happy and ready. Watch the Tipi Builder In-depth first look video to see it in action. Here are a just a few highlights:
- Possibly the smallest learning curve of any WordPress builder ever made. If you watch the entire intro video here you’ll have all the knowledge you need to use the builder like a pro.
- Everything is included and unlocked. No “locked upgrades” that require a subscription or extra payments to unlock more features.
- Blocks can be set to show posts/pages/products and even custom post types, which if you have any, will automatically appear as an option.
- Blocks look great instantly without having to customise anything or write custom css code.
- Huge amount of blocks out-of-the-box, including ones for grids, sliders, video players, call to action, buttons, Instagram, Twitch livestream, Author, blockquotes, etc. User requests and suggestions will shape the type of blocks added in the future updates.
- Import/Export layouts to quickly re-use your designs, create backups or share with other users.
- Global No Duplicates option
- Each block can be set to load/not load on mobile and load/not load on desktops, allowing you to create completely different desktop/mobile layouts if you wish
- A truly pro premium builder included that anyone can learn to use
- Use the Tipi Builder for your homepage/pages/category/tag/custom taxonomy pages too
- Can be used on a site that uses Gutenberg with no problems
- The most intuitive and advanced builder ever made for magazines, newspapers, blogs, news sites and affiliate review sites. But can be used for shops and so much more.
Here are some options in Zeen to help you improve the monetisation of your sites.
- Patreon icons and links
- Sponsored Posts
- Ads can be placed practically anywhere. Including automatic insertion before/middle/end of post content.
- Site Background Ad
- Add stylish affiliate in your review
- Slide In Promo Box
- WooCommerce Quickview functionality
- Add stylish affiliate in your info boxes
- Advanced Newsletter Subscription integration
- Newsletter Subscription appears when user tries to leave site
- Advanced Shop functionality, integration and design
- Beautiful Call To Action Blocks in the Tipi Builder
- Beautiful Button Blocks in the Tipi Builder
Codetipi pioneered the ability to show your trending articles beautifully. Zeen takes it to a next level, with stunning trending megamenus and the ability to make any block in the Tipi Builder show your trending articles (globally or from specific category/tag).
Codetipi pioneered the ability to have completely different articles layouts in the WordPress theme world. Zeen takes it all to new heights, allowing you to create stunning articles every time, in the exact way you want. From minimal text articles to highly-visual photo stories, you can make each article feel the way it was always meant to feel like. No other theme on the market has the flexibility, options and design to create such stunning and special articles so easily.
Here are just a handful of examples:
- Sponsored Post With Sticky Side Info
- Recipe Post
- Paginated Slider Post
- Modern Review #2
- Vertical Image Style #3
- Stunning Full-screen Gallery
- Wide YouTube And Image Embeds
- Vertical Image Style #2
- Video Post Opens in Lightbox
- Special Video Post
- Related Posts Under Header
- Live Blog
- Stylish Product
- Parallax Featured Image and Review
- Modern Review #1
- … And so many more, click here to explore more
Pages can also use Zeen’s advanced featured image style and layout system to make even the most boring of text pages more attractive and engaging.
Fully Responsive and Retina Ready
Visitors expect a great mobile experience and Zeen delivers a silky smooth, clean and modern experience that will leave your visitors impressed. Zeen’s mobile design and features were meticulously designed to look and feel amazing no matter the size or type of the screen. Have a look for yourself, simply open https://codetipi.com/zeen/ on your phone to open different demos.
Zeen comes with an exclusive Sponsored Posts system to add another layer to your site’s monetisation possibilities. You can set the sponsor name, logo and link.
Here are some examples from the demos:
Background Takeover Ad Feature
Zeen allows you to easily set a background image to your site and give it a link to create a background takeover ad. You also have an option to adjust the spacing above the site – perfect for ads that want to show something at the top of the site. The Tipi Builder also has spacing blocks that can be set to be transparent to allow you to see the background ad through the site as you scroll down.
Reading Mode (Daytime and nighttime modes)
Visitors love reading in the dark and many wish they could make the background dark with light text for better readibility. Enter Zeen’s super lightweight Reading Mode feature. With one on/off option you can add a button to the sticky menu that appears when reading an article. This button allows your visitors to change the mode of your article to either be daytime mode (dark text on light background) or nighttime mode (light text on dark background) whenever they want. Your visitors will love your site that bit more.
Infinite loading and scrolling
Using the very latest technologies, Zeen comes with some of the fastest Ajax loading performance ever seen in a theme. Some possibilities include:
- Infinite Post Scroll Loading. When a user reaches the end of a post, instantly load the next one below. You won’t believe how fast it is – Must see: Click here to open Zeen Comics Demo to see it in action
- Infinite Scroll on homepage/tags/categories
- Load More Button on any block on the homepage/tags/categories to load more posts to the page without refreshing
- Load More Button that turns into Infinite Scroll after first click
- Previous/Next Button on any block on the homepage/tags/categories/megamenus/related posts to navigate through posts inside the block
Review Functionality (World Exclusive)
Zeen comes bundled with the incredible and premium Let’s Review plugin. You can see the full presentation showing all the features for Let’s Review by clicking here.
Some Let’s Review feature highlights:
- Choose from several unique high-quality designs for each review
- Monetise your reviews with stylish integrated affiliate buttons that convert well and don’t look spammy
- Allow visitors to leave their own complete review via comments
- Inbuilt rich snippets to show review data in Google/Bing/etc search results
- Add unlimited amount of pros/cons/affiliate buttons to each review
- Set default options for new reviews, including the criterias/design/format/animation/accent color/location/etc.
Zeen is a modern newspaper and reviews theme for 2020 and beyond. It is the ultimate WordPress theme. Get on-board and happy reviewing!
Zeen Mastermind Group
Any Zeen user with a valid license can apply to join the private Zeen Mastermind Community Group. It is a friendly place to discuss, learn, share tips, tricks & Tipi Builder layout files and everything related to Zeen theme. Contact Codetipi to be part of it and join today
Codetipi is the number #1 rated Power Elite Author on all of Themeforest. Friendly and amazing customer support that actually leads to real solutions is one big reason. To get help simply open a ticket here.
Zeen is the first theme in the world to allow for Voice Search. Your Zeen site can now make it possible for potential visitors who ask their smart device about X topic to get an answer from your very own site. (Currently only possible for approved Google news publishers in the us).
Gutenberg is due to be released officially with WordPress 5.0, Zeen embraces Gutenberg and works perfectly with it. Zeen also adds styling to the default Gutenberg blocks to make them nicer.
Sliding Promo Boxes
Zeen comes with a unique sliding promo box system to help you promote anything you’d like to highlight, such as newsletters, banners, messages or announcements.
See examples of it being used for newsletter subscriptions here:
Zeen comes with a unique timed popups to show content after X seconds from the site loading, highly useful for magazines, newspapers or blogs looking to increase their Facebook page likes or similar.
See example here:
Top Bar Message
Zeen comes with a unique sliding top bar feature to share announcement, offers or random relevant links, such as a Shop coupons, Patreon links, Facebook Page links, etc.
See examples here:
Watch video that shows how the Top Bar is set up: Zeen Theme Options Video (To only watch Top Bar, skip to 8:10)
Zeen is 100% compatible with WooCommerce and comes with beautiful styling in-built to make your shop sparkle. Zeen also adds powerful extra functionality to it, including lightning-fast Quickview functionality and ajax carts.
See examples here:
Zeen is 100% compatible with AMP and comes with unique functionality to extend the design and improve the feel of your AMP pages.
Zeen is 100% compatible with bbPress and comes with beautiful styling in-built to breathe life into your forums.
See example here:
Zeen is 100% compatible with BuddyPress and supports all modern BuddyPress features. Including, profile cover functionality. Zeen Magazine WordPress Theme comes with beautiful styling in-built for your BuddyPress to breathe new life into your community.
When you first install Zeen, you will be presented by a first-time set up wizard. The first step in the wizard allows you to install a fully-functional Zeen Child-theme. Even if you don’t plan on adding customisations or don’t know what a child-theme really does, it is highly recommended to always use a child-theme, and the wizard makes it easier than ever to install. You can watch a narrated Zeen installation tutorial video here.
Zeen is supports all major modern browsers and embraces the latest browser technologies to perform at the highest possible level, with silky smooth animations, interactions and speed.
SEO and HTML5
Zeen was coded by an SEO specialist with vast experience, meaning everything is set as it should be Zeen, with valid HTML5 markup and best practices. It passes the official W3 Validation Tool test with zero errors.
Search Engines such as Google, use the loading speed of a site as a metric for their rankings. Zeen’s approach and performance is practically unbeatable with some demos scoring a perfect 100/100, meaning Zeen increases the chances search engines will rank your site higher.
One Click Demo Imports
Zeen has a modern set up wizard that allows you to import the content/widgets/theme options (each part is optional) of every single Zeen demo with one click. Watch the installation video to see it in action. You can mix and match any of the elements seen across any of the demos, as they are all built using the theme’s features.
Zeen is an extremely powerful WordPress theme and has a huge amount of features. It is coded extremely cleanly and smartly, meaning it has amazing performance, and thanks to this, you will likely be able to reduce the number of plugins you have installed.
Plugins are not inherently bad, but the coding quality of free plugins varies and bad code can badly affect performance so it’s recommended that if Zeen has a particular feature, use that instead of plugins.
All of Zeen demos score very highly in website speed tests, in fact, multiple of the demos actually score a perfect 100/100 score – you can see Zeen speed reports here.
Zeen does not store any personal data, but does come with options to help with the process of complying with GDPR. Examples include that you can add a required checkbox to the registration modal. You can enter the text and the url of the text that appears next to the checkbox giving you complete control.
If you find there is another location/element that could do with extra options, please open a ticket in support with the information.
Upgrading to Zeen is easy. But it’s even easier with the migration tool. It just takes a few clicks to migrate data from other themes to Zeen. Migrate your review, audio, gallery, video data and convert featured image styles (hero styles) of your posts/pages to Zeen’s closest equivalent.
Post Heart Like Count
If you enable the like functionality and a user clicks on the heart, the counter value for that post will increase by one. To stop users from voting multiple times, a cookie is used with the post ID, so the theme knows not to show the like functionality to that user for that post again.
In Zeen > Theme Options > Mail Subscriptions – f you enable the ‘Trigger When Leaving Site’ option. You will see a new option appear called ‘Disable After User Closure’, if this option is also enabled then when user tries to leave the site, the newsletter popup will appear. If the user closes it, a cookie will be set with a true value to know to not show that user that popup in that way again.
In Zeen > Theme Options > Timed Popup – if you enable the ‘Timed Popup’ option. You will see a new option appear called ‘Disable After User Closure’, if this option is also enabled then when the popup appears and the user closes it, a cookie will be set with a true value to know to not show that user that popup in that way again.
Sliding Promo Boxes
In Zeen > Theme Options > Sliding Promo Box – if you enable the Sliding Promo Boxes you will see a new option appear called ‘Disable After User Closure’, if this option is also enabled then when the sliding promo box appears and the user closes it, a cookie will be set with a true value to know to not show that user that box again.
Top Bar Message
In Zeen > Theme Options > Top Bar Message – if you enable the ‘Top Bar Message’ option. You will see a new option appear called ‘Disable After User Closure’, if this option is also enabled then when the top bar message appears and the user closes it, a cookie will be set with a true value to know to not show that user that top bar message again.
Other General Features
Zeen has so many powerful options and clever features, you really need to click around inside the demos to explore them all. Here is small list of random general features:
- Lightning fast Live Search Ajax in two styles: Full-screen modal or dropdown
- Login Screen Logo And Dark Skin Design
- Compatible with latest PHP versions, including PHP 7.3
- Tipi Font with multiple custom exclusive icons (Included Free)
- Tipi Builder Blocks to showcase any image shape: Landscape, portrait or square images.
- Built-in Middle Of Content “See also” block
- Automatic Retina Images
- Modern Schema Integration
- Main menu can have a logo in multiple designs, including an option to make it hang off of the main menu for a stylish effect.
- You can set any site width you like
- Blank page template included (no Header or footer loaded) for advanced users who want to build something on a blank canvas
- Modern, easy and powerful fully-frontend theme options that lets you visualise every change you make before having to publish the changes
- Theme options changes can be saved as drafts or scheduled to publish at X date
- Highly responsive design. Looks great on every screen size and type
- Extra clean, ultra modern and unrivalled dynamic design
- Optional separate logo to appear in main navigation bar
- Integrated breadcrumb with rich snippet data
- Option to turn on/off hover zoom effects on sliders/grids
- Option to turn off By Line completely, or just disable specific parts of the By Line (Author, Date, Category, Comments)
- Background Ads (clickable site background on the sides/above) system to increase monetisation possibilities
- Completely Retina Ready (HD theme)
- Zeen is WPML compatible and translation ready. Comes with .mo/.po files to easily translate into any language. Spanish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish and French are already translated & included.
- RTL ready. If your site uses an RTL language, the theme will automatically adapt to be RTL
- Boxed Or Full-Width options for every major block
- Unique mega menu system with multiple options to make each menu different
- Login With Ajax integration and gorgeous styling
- World-exclusive Tipi Builder bundled in
- Built-in Gutenberg styling
- To Top button option designs
- Post Like (Heart) system to show which posts your visitors love the most. Optional.
- Set up to 3 fonts and specify which one the different site elements use (Limit of 3 different fonts is set for performance reasons, as more than that can make your site really slow)
- Access to the all Google fonts http://www.google.com/fonts
- Access to the Typekit fonts https://typekit.com/
- Can also use custom/self-hosted fonts
- Option to turn off About The Author box in theme options and override option in individual posts
- Integrated related posts with multiple design options
- All demos are included with every purchase so you can easily import them to play around.
- Integrated lightweight tooltip with multiple options
- Integrated stylish lightbox
- Paginated posts and pages
- SEO-Ready. Theme coded by SEO specialist, meaning everything is set as it should be.
- Zero errors on the official W3 Validation Tool
- Supreme performance, multiple Zeen demos score a perfect 100/100 score.
- Custom Sidebars for your categories, tags, custom taxonomies, posts, pages or homepage.
- Schema Review Rich Snippet Microdata
- Schema Author Rich Snippet Microdata
- Detailed documentation that will continually get updated as users ask different things.
Zeen was strictly coded following WordPress’ coding standards and best practices to ensure extremely high compatibility rates with almost any plugin. In other words, if a plugin works on TwentySeventeen theme (WordPress default theme), then you can be 99.9% certain it will work the same in Zeen. If you find a plugin incompatible with Zeen for whatever reason, simply contact Codetipi with the details and if it is a theme issue, it will 100% be fixed.
Here is a very small list of some plugins that the theme has been tested with:
- Co-Authors Plus
- SEO by Yoast
- Visual Composer
- Duplicate Posts
- Wp Use Avatar
- Simple Local Avatars
- Force Regenerate Thumbnails
- Login With Ajax
- WordPress Social Login
- Facebook Comments
- Instant articles
- MailChimp For WP
- Contact Form 7
- Let’s Review
- Let’s Info Up
- Let’s Live Blog
Right To Left (RTL)
The theme is RTL-ready, meaning that if your site is set to use a Right To Left language, the theme will automatically work in RTL, you don’t need to do anything.
Don’t miss out on any Codetipi news, updates or announcements. Follow Codetipi:
Suggestions for future updates? Help shape Zeen’s future.
Zeen was built for you. Every single customer suggestion/request will be considered and many will be implemented. Zeen is going to keep adding new amazing goodies and your suggestions will shape the direction. So make sure to join the Zeen mastermind community group (Free to join with a valid license) and get involved. Zeen is here for the long term.
WordPress Magazine Theme
Zeen is a next generation Magazine WordPress Theme for 2020. Don’t miss out, upgrade today:
Thanks for reading.
Version 3.1 – 23rd December 2019
- New: Telegram social icon option
- New: Three new hero designs
- Improved: Parallax on mobile performance
- Improved: Gallery Post Format Performance
- Improved: Tipi Builder Gallery block images layout on mobile
- Improved: Post Hero: Contrast (split) designs can now use parallax effect
- Improved: Gallery Post Format: Sliders now draggable with mouse
- Fix: Mobile bottom sticky sharing buttons when using the “add show more button to post article on mobile”
- Fix: Volar Tipi Builder layout import wasn’t working
- Fix: Background Video size on some hero shapes
- Fix: WooCommerce Related products on/off option wasn’t applying
- Fix: Firefox showing double number input WooCommerce
- Fix: Posts weren’t inheriting category sidebar (if category had specific/unique sidebar set)
- Updated: Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.3.1
Version 3.0 – 10th December 2019
- New: New Demo: Zeen Little Pips (Baby)
- New: New Demo: Zeen Husk (Music Band)
- New: New Demo: Zeen Let’s Review
- New: New Demo: Zeen SEO King
- New: New Demo: Zeen Jacky (Portfolio)
- New: New Demo: Zeen Volar (Fashion)
- New: New Video Post Format design: Background Video (also runs outside of post)
- New: Tipi Builder: Mini Call To Action block
- New: Tipi Builder: Background Wrapper block
- New: Tipi Builder: Gallery block
- New: Tipi Builder: Hover Post Columns block
- New: Tipi Builder: Text block
- New: Tipi Builder: Columns (3): Two new layout options
- New: Tipi Builder: Animation options for some blocks (Fade, slides, stagger)
- New: Tipi Builder: New filter (show posts that have both a specific Category + Tag)
- New: Theme Options > Megamenus: Menu Accent Color (Menu hover color if menu category/tag doesn’t have one set)
- New: Theme Options > Posts > Next & Previous block can now appear fixed on site sides
- New: Theme Options > Typography > Mobile Menu Font
- New: Theme Options > Typography > Blockquote Italic Option
- New: Theme Options > Typography > Classic Blocks: Large Block Post Titles
- New: Theme Options > Grids > New animations
- New: Theme Options > Global > Load More Button design options
- New: Theme Options > Classic Blocks: New design (Title overlapping image)
- New: Theme Options > Mail Subscriptions: Sign up button design option
- New: Theme Options > Global Options: Background Ad Image stretch/non-stretch option
- New: Theme Options > Mobile Devices: Bottom Share Sticky Bar: Telegram
- New: Post > Zeen Options: Post List: Separating element option
- New: Shape separator design: Rainbow
- New: Shape separator design: Smile
- New: Shape separator design: Ramps
- New: Shape separator design: Clouds
- New: Shape separator design: Waves
- New: Complete Slovakian translation (Thanks Norbert!)
- New: Filter to change selected sidebar from loading: ‘zeen_sidebar_slug’
- New: Let’s Info Up Widget: New option to enter post/page ids to control output order
- Improved: Huge UX improvement: Menu dropdown detection and instant change between sibling menus
- Improved: Performance: Main stylesheet size decreased by 20%
- Improved: Animation implementation
- Improved: Some hover effects for iPhone’s (ios) have been tweaked
- Improved: Team Pages: Authors can now be ordered!
- Improved: Writer Demo Header: If logo is very tall, menu items could overlap
- Improved: Removed Google+ from Zeen social icons widget
- Improved: Accessibility
- Improved: Turkish translation
- Improved: Styling details
- Fix: WooCommerce category pages weren’t showing Tipi Builder creations
- Fix: Grid/Slider Title gradient background wasn’t working
- Fix: BbPress design when on dark background
- Fix: Button Block: Font selection
- Fix: Button Block: Rounded/Square option wasn’t applying
- Fix: Some blocks had incorrect white space in some set ups (Related posts/widgets)
- Fix: Whatsapp menu icon text didn’t have a space separating the url
- Fix: Some minor other quirks
- Updated plugin: Let’s Info Up v1.2
- Updated plugin: Let’s Social Count v1.1.4
- Updated plugin: Zeen Engine v2.3
- Updated plugin: Let’s Review v3.0.7
Version 2.4 – 23rd October 2019
- New: New section in Theme Options: SEO
- New: Voice Search functionality (currently only possible for approved “Google News Publisher” sites in the US)
- New: Theme Options > General: Max Site Width (Post pages) – this is to make them independent from the global site width option
- New: Theme Options > Classic Blocks / Grids / Sliders: Rounded Image Corners
- New: Theme Options > Classic Blocks: Pinterest Save Button On Hover
- New: Theme Options > Posts > Related Posts: Order (Latest/Oldest/Random)
- New: New Archive Order Dropdown Option: A to Z (alphabetical)
- New: Tipi Builder Option: Column blocks can now be edge to edge
- New: Tipi Builder Option: Column blocks can now have a background
- New: Tipi Builder: New block: Columns (4)
- New: Tipi Builder: New option for most blocks: Boxed Content (Useful when wanting edge-to-ege backgrounds, but keep block contents boxed)
- New: Relevanssi plugin support
- New: New theme filter to change the subtitle HTML tag output (See docs for instructions)
- New: New theme filter to make next/previous block be able to show posts from same category (See docs for instructions)
- New: Post Option – Overrides: Disable Next Post Auto Load for this particular post
- New: Filter to change archive post title HTML markup. See documentation.
- New: Filter to change number of posts shown in search modal results. See documentation.
- New: Filter to override logo on any page. See documentation.
- New: Let’s Review v3 update
- Improved: Tipi Builder: Image Block: Title now has Heading changer tool (to make it h1/h2/etc)
- Improved: Zeen thumbnail default sizes now adjust to “site width” option. You must regenerate thumbnails each time you change site width to update them.
- Improved: Added html attribute to logo to ignore Pinterest pinning.
- Improved: Styling of some Tipi Builder blocks
- Improved: Spanish translation
- Improved: Russian translation
- Improved: German translation
- Improved: Documentation
- Fix:Tumblr icon base url was incorrect
- Fix:Custom Fonts: Multiple font families separated by commas (font family with fallbacks) in the same input wasn’t working
- Fix:Minor quirk with list
- Updated: Documentation
- Updated: Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.2
- Updated: Plugin: Let’s Review v3.0.4
Version 2.3.1 – 6th September 2019
- Theme Options > Footer: Instagram Access Token option (API)
- Theme Options > Header > Above Header: Instagram Access Token option (API)
- Tipi Builder > Instagram Block: Instagram Access Token option (API)
- RTL layout for Tipi Builder options
- Dutch translation
- Twitter shares now include “Via @username”
- Vertical header design: Sub menus weren’t showing
- Some v2 demos had manual excerpts with blank spaces when imported
- Above header block wasn’t showing pages
- Read More translation
- Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.1.1
Version 2.3 – 29th July 2019
- New: Theme Options > WooCommerce > Zeen WooCommerce: Show Add To Cart On Archives
- New: Filter to manipulate zeen logo links
- New: Filter to show different view counts source
- Improved: Theme Google Analytics option no longer loads for logged in admins
- Improved: Gutenberg Spotify Embeds are now full width
- Improved: Gutenberg Pullquotes (left/right alignments) improved styling
- Improved: Breadcrumbs location in new hero design (Title centered above + small hero)
- Improved: Extra check to help with bugged Instagram feed transients
- Improved: Brazilian Portuguese translation
- Improved: Minor other general styling improvements
- Fixed: Tipi Builder: Call To Action: Centered meta buttons didn’t align
- Fixed: Theme Options: Posts: Subtitle on/off inside post wasn’t working
- Fixed: Unique dark article layout and fade divider using wrong color
- Updated: Plugin: Let’s Social Count v1.1.3
- Updated: Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.1.0
Version 2.2 – 13th June 2019
- New: Hero Design: Title centered above small hero + sidebar area
- New: Tipi Builder: Block option: Add custom class name to each block
- New: Theme Options: Posts: Sharing Buttons: VK network
- Improved: Tipi Builder: Custom Code block: Now renders OL/UL elements properly
- Improved: Gutenberg Styling
- Improved: Post Format: Gallery: Full screen button on mobile become hidden behind mobile header
- Improved: Instagram Embeds load more consistently (the WordPress core script wasn’t always running)
- Improved: Mailchimp form submission detection when in modal to re-show form on reload
- Improved: Sticky Header 4 styling
- Fix: Post Format: Video Dark Design: Share buttons now shows all your selected networks
- Fix: Menu Search icon wasn’t showing text design if the Ajax dropdown option was selected
- Fix: Tipi Builder: Archive Title Block: Text color quirk
- Fix: Tipi Builder: Button Block layout quirk
- Fix: Grid of 4 above head was only showing one post on mobile
- Fix: Tipi Builder: Default Posts Block: Numbered pagination option only showed back to homepage link on last page
- Updated: Plugin: Let’s Review v2.6.3
- Updated: Plugin: Let’s Social Count v1.1.2
- Updated: Plugin: Let’s Live Blog v1.1.1
- Updated: Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.0.8
Version 2.0.8 – 14 May 2019
- New: User Profile Social Networks: Pinterest, Spotify, Dribbble, Vimeo, VK, Soundcloud, Apple Music & Medium
- New: Social icon: Soundcloud
- New: New way to set your own search suggestions in the search modal (See docs for info)
- Improved: Mailchimp Modal: When form is submitted and Mailchimp refreshes the page, modal will reappear with results.
- Improved: Theme Breadcrumbs now works on WooCommerce pages
- Improved: Byline Category (if enabled) will show custom taxonomies too
- Improved: Byline Author (if enabled) works on custom post types
- Improved: Styling details
- Improved: Some translations
- Fix: Facebook/Twitter Social Counts
- Fix: Tipi Builder: Social Icons block: URL options not showing
- Fix: Lightbox file was still loading even when option was disabled
- Fix: WooCommerce Quickview Add To Cart changes in WooCommerce 3.6.x
- Fix: Dropdown Sorter (latest/oldest/etc) wasn’t working on “Custom Post Type Default Archive Pages”
- Update: Plugin: Let’s Info Up v1.1.3
- Update: Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.0.6
Version 2.0.7 – 1 May 2019
- New social icon: Spotify
- New social icon: Apple Music
- New filter to add custom content into bylines: add_filter( ‘zeen_byline_extras’, ‘my_custom_byline_output’, 10, 2 );
- Updated Google Fonts to latest list
- Improved: Comment inputs no longer zoom screen on mobile when tapped
- Fix: Header side spacing on certain option combinations
- Fix: Mobile Limit Posts Content with Show more was applying to pages
- Fix: Special Post Header logo selection quirk
- Fix: Missing custom sidebars quirk
- Updated Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.0.5
Version 2.0.6 – 15 April 2019
- New Demo: Elle
- New Demo: Spooked
- New Demo: Berlin
- New Demo: Juliet
- New Demo: Wander
- New Demo: SKL eSports
- New: Zeen v2 Importable Demos: Spooked, eSports, Berlin, Juliet, Elle and Wander
- New: Theme Options: Reset Theme Options Tab
- New: Custom Sidebar Management + Removal tool (Site Backend > Zeen > Custom Sidebars)
- New: Theme Options – Global Options: New option to turn off archive page sorting dropdowns
- Improved: Zeen Import Demo Tool: If “Options” is selected the tool will fully overwrite any existing theme options. Previously if multiple demo theme options were imported, they would be mixed up.
- Improved: Coauthor Plus Plugin Compatibility
- Improved: Removed Google+ leftover code
- Fixed: Share Block appeared in certain Hero Design even if Top Share block option disabled
- Fixed: Theme Lightbox not applying to images loading in Auto Next Loaded posts
- Fixed: Internet Explorer and Old Edge versions distorted image fix
- Fixed: Infinite Pagination on default blog page
- Updated: Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.0.4
Version 2.0.5 – 11 April 2019
- Tipi Builder: Six new demo layouts available to import
- New Filter to use Yoast Breadcrumbs: zeen_use_yoast_breadcrumbs (See docs for info)
- Removed Google+ icons/widgets as Google+ has officially shut down.
- Minor Styling Adjustments
- Mobile menu X close button had a quirk on some mobile phones
- WooCommerce Megamenus
- Coauthor Plus: ‘Guest’ authors empty about author boxes removed
- Theme Options tweak caused some options to not show preview
- Tipi Builder: CTA Block: Buttons with links: Text color option
- Quirk with new fixed sticky header option
- Plugin: Let’s Info Up v1.1.2
- Plugin: Let’s Social Count v1.1.1
- Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.0.3
Version 2.0.4 – 2 April 2019
- Theme Options: Posts: New icon base design option
- Tipi Builder: Single Video Block: Title + subtitle options
- Zeen Subtitle when using Classic Editor + WordPress 5
- Accessibility labels
- Heroes using shape divider: Caption moved so it’s not hidden
- Gutenberg: Left/Right aligned image embeds now pull left/right from content
- The latest hero design (no titles/image) had a quirk
- Tipi Builder: Video Block was always edge to edge
- Tipi Builder: Default Posts block offset option
- Logged out megamenus affected by bbPress in certain set ups
- Grid Font Size Override quirk in one specific grid
- Plugin: Let’s Review v2.6.2
- Plugin: Let’s Social Count v1.1
- Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.0.2
Version 2.0.3 – 28 March 2019
- New Post Hero Design Option: Empty Hero Output (No hero/title/subtitle/etc)
- Tipi Builder: Custom Code Block: Top/bottom Divider options
- New Sticky Option: Permanently fixed top of site – for header overlap design.
- Theme Options – Megamenus: Option to disable menu hover styling
- Theme Options – Typography: Font size for Inline Post Block Title
- Gutenberg: Wide aligned images will hit the edges if you have a background image set
- Anchor Smooth Scrolling. Inc. To Top scroll.
- Minor Styling Changes
- Calculation in sticky elements offset from specific header combos
- Missing Messenger Share Button
- Load More In Archives
- Mid lines in block titles quirk
- BuddyPress/BbbPress used the Special Post Header override option
- Plugin: Zeen Engine v2.0.1
Version 2.0.2 – 17 March 2019
- Boolean error
Version 2.0.1 – 17 March 2019
- Boolean error
- Let’s Info Up shortcode not working
- Various styling quirks
- Plugin: Let’s Info Up v1.1.1
Version 2.0 – 15 March 2019
- Tipi Builder: Bottom And Top Shape Dividers for certain blocks
- Theme Options – Footer: Top Shape Divider option
- New Hero Option in Theme Options > Posts and also in Post Editor > Zeen Options > Hero: Bottom Shape Divider
- New Option For Taxonomies (Category/Tags/etc): Header logo override options
- Gutenberg Block: Let’s Info Up Block: Allows you to quickly create unlimited info boxes
- Gutenberg Block: Zeen Blocks: Inline Post Block
- Tipi Builder: New Block: Upcoming Events
- Tipi Builder: New Block: Single Video
- Tipi Builder: New Block: Social Icons
- Tipi Builder: New Block: Grid of 3 Variation
- Tipi Builder: New Block Option: Custom Background Color
- Tipi Builder: New Block Option: Custom Background Image
- Tipi Builder: Slider 1: Slide effect (Parallax/slide/fade)
- Tipi Builder: Padding (Tablet) Options
- Tipi Builder: Grid of 1 and Portrait block: Parallax option
- Tipi Builder: Call To Action Block: Video Background Options
- Tipi Builder: Ad Block: Open in new tab option (only for image ad type)
- Tipi Builder: Image Block: Open in Lightbox option
- Per Post Option: On/Off Inline Post Block Override Option
- Per Post Option: On/Off Dropcap Override Option
- Per Post Option: On/Off Show Last Updated Date Override Option
- Per Post Option: On/Off Share Block Top Post Content Override Option
- Per Post Option: On/Off Share Block Bottom Post Content Override Option
- Theme Options – Global Options: Modal Theme light/dark (Search modal)
- Theme Options – Header – Various sticky design options for certain sticky headers
- Theme Options – Header – Above Header: New grid of 3 design
- Theme Options – Header – Header Base: Video Background option with Image Fallback
- Theme Options – Footer: Video Background option (self-hosted or external)
- Theme Options – Megamenus: Custom Background Color option
- Theme Options – Posts: Social Share: Flipboard Button
- Theme Options – Posts: Social Share: Line.Me Button
- Theme Options – Posts: Icon Click Opens Lightbox Option to disable this outside of post (on homepage/etc)
- Theme Options – Posts: Inline/Slide Post 7 Day Limit
- Theme Options – Sidebars: Option to hide sidebar on tablet (Portrait mode)
- Theme Options – Typography: Grid Tiles font size options
- Theme Options – Posts: Related Post Source Option: Category or Tags or Tags with Category fallback
- Theme Options – Posts: Related Post option to only show image and title (for a clean look)
- Theme Options – Posts: End Of Post Subscribe: Background Image/Color options
- Theme Options – Footer: To Top button fixed to screen corner option
- Theme Options – Mobile Devices: Add Show More Button
- Theme Options – Mobile Devices: Show Mobile Menu On Tablets (Portrait)
- Theme Options – Header – Above Header: Width option (edge to edge or boxed)
- Theme Options – WooCommerce: Show Products In Trending Megamenu option
- Flipboard Code Markup to help for Flipboard sharing get correct data
- Zeen Social Icons Widget: Open in new tab option
- Zeen Stylish Posts Widget: Pagination Arrows On/Off option
- Let’s Social Count manual fallback options for Pinterest and Instagram
- Let’s Live Blog now shows blinking red dot on frontend next to titles of posts currently live blogging
- Ukrainian Translation (Thanks daks84!)
- Tipi Builder Launch button now appears inside Gutenberg pages
- Theme Options: Copyright Line option now accepts HTML markup (such as links)
- Zeen Stylish Articles Widget can now select custom taxonomies
- Hero 18 Design has share buttons directly under title if Top Share is enabled
- Edit Post Options: Extras Tab Renamed To “Overrides”
- Theme Options: Moved Special Post Header Options into their own section inside Header > Special Post Headers
- Post Format: Audio/Video field now works with shortcodes too
- Tipi Builder: No Duplicates Option now works on “Default Posts” block as long as its pagination option is not set to “Numbers”
- Tipi Builder: Call To Action block links cover all button area
- Tipi Builder: Separate Edge To Edge (Mobile) option is now always visible
- Tipi Builder Pages: Can now use the Edit Page > Zeen Options > Layout > Special Header Design options to overlay header on first block
- Co-author plus Compatibility: About Author Boxes load for each user end of post
- Theme Options – Typography: Font Sizes are now grouped
- Theme Options: ‘Mobile Disable Excerpts’ option moved to the Mobile Devices tab
- Soundcloud playlist urls now work in media popup
- bbPress Topic Page: Main title now appears
- Multiple Translations
- Instagram Block Above Site now automatically only shows one row on mobile
- Gutenberg Styling
- Tipi Builder UX
- Login Popup: Terms link now opens in new window for better UX
- RTL mode quirks
- General Styling Details
- Plugin: Let’s Review v2.6
- Plugin: Let’s Social Count v1.0.4
- Plugin: Let’s Live Blog v1.1
- Plugin: Let’s Info Up v1.1
- Plugin: Zeen Engine v1.3
- Global About Author Box option not working on old posts when set to “off”
- Slide-in Promo box didn’t appear if no titles set even if form option was set
- Missing Spotify Icon
- Updated Date will not appear if same as Newly Published date
- Long Block Titles Issues
- Missing Icon Font Format
- Progress bar wasn’t always using category color
- Horizontal scroll with full-screen images on Windows browsers
- Let’s Live Blog Missing Images when live blogging
- Let’s Info Up translation
- Various tiny quirks
Due to Themeforest’s character limit, some of the oldest updates are not listed here. To read the complete changelog, you can find it in your Backend > Zeen > Welcome page
v1.0.0 – 15 October 2018
- Initial Release
Big thanks to the lovely Scatter Jar people for sharing such beautiful free food photographs, keep it up guys!
However, all the images used on the demo sites are only for demonstration purposes only. All images are licensed and have permission of usage. None of the images are included with the theme nor are they available to import with the one-click import.
Another shout out to Mikros.Source